Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rooting for Spidey


I agree with Ken Davenport's blog entry yesterday "Superhero spotted on 42nd Street " about the new Spiderman Musical.

I'm rooting for it too. Pushing new boundaries is exciting. I like rethinking and reinventing the art form.

As Ken says, if Spiderman succeeds it could put a lot of people to work and bring many more people to the theatre. Could be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure - either way, both are spectacular!!

I trust the genius of Julie Taymor and I like what she said in the preview piece about Spiderman on 60 Minutes last weekend: "I like it when people say 'that's a terrible idea'"!

I'm sure the Wright brothers heard the same thing. And now, all these years later, you can get groped for free at any airport TSA checkpoint!
Genius.

No comments: