Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One of my latest articles for Mobile Beat Online: The Moral Dilemma


I have the pleasure of working with a lot of different DJs here at Jerry Bruno Productions in Cleveland. On a couple of occasions I’ve heard of DJs who wouldn’t take a job because of a personal moral conflict with something to do with that particular client. Has the job of turning a profit for your DJ business ever been at odds with your personal moral code?

Those of us in the entertainment industry have never been accused of being pantheons of morality. Yet, the people I’ve met in the DJ community are some of the most caring and respectable people anywhere. Still, I’m sure at some point we all have accepted or performed at a gig that might have been for a respectable (or at least legal) organization that, for some reason didn’t quite line up with our personal ethics.

No comments: